• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skid plate interchangability

JeepXJFan

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I have a 97 XJ and had a few questions I hope you guys could answer I have picked through all the junkyards around and I found a gas tank skid from a Grand that looks like pre 2000 and a front radiator steering skid on a pre 90 XJ. Will these bolt up to my jeep?

This was just asked and answered! LOOK , SEARCH!!
LOOK I dont want to be an ass but good posts get lost because of people asking the same questions over and over again. Do yourself a favor and look before posting ok. Almost the exact same question was asked on page 2. I just get frustrated when I cant find a good post because of all the crap posts. Thank you.

I have a 2000 XJ and my front skid plate is from 1984 (came with the original Jeep printout dated from 1983). the two main mounts left and right mount up fine, the front of the skid plate uses several small bolts and nutserts that seemed to be a bit different but there where so many little holes in the skid's attachment point i just used some fresh nuts and bolts and it worked great.

mcnamaag said:
LOOK I dont want to be an ass but good posts get lost because of people asking the same questions over and over again. Do yourself a favor and look before posting ok. Almost the exact same question was asked on page 2. I just get frustrated when I cant find a good post because of all the crap posts. Thank you.

Dude chill, pull your panties out of your crack and relax...........sheesh, I think we need to change your name to POST NAZI!:twak:

mcnamaag said:

First off, I did search "skid plate fit" no info that I needed came up. Second off, the other post doesn't answer either of my questions... Way to be an ass and not contribute to my thread one bit. Anyone care to comment on the Grand Cherokee gas skid fitment?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Tim_MN said:
Never been on Pirate have you ?
There they don't give you a bag of mints, or hand full of flowers before a romantic dinner. And there is no sweet talk in your ear either. They just bend you over and give it to you dry. And then they Hasta your post.

JeepXJFan said:
First off, I did search "skid plate fit" no info that I needed came up. Second off, the other post doesn't answer either of my questions... Way to be an ass and not contribute to my thread one bit. Anyone care to comment on the Grand Cherokee gas skid fitment?

Thanks,

Maybe you should have searched "skid plate" Thanks.

Does anyone know if these belong to a cherokee? Both look to be skids and were underneath a mid 90's xj but I couldn't see where they would bolt up?

Thanks

JeepXJFan said:
Does anyone know if these belong to a cherokee? Both look to be skids and were underneath a mid 90's xj but I couldn't see where they would bolt up?

Thanks

Neither one is an XJ Cherokee skid plate.

So does anybody have a link to the answer about skid plate interchangeability??????
OR are we all just going to flame and beat the guy into submission?
Since he is new and this isin't PBB lets help him if you know the @^&)# answer!!

Tim_MN said:
JeepXJFan said:

Thanks

Neither one is an XJ Cherokee skid plate.

Thanks, thats a damn shame. Thanks for the link as well.

Back