• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hub bearing assemblies???

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
alright, I read go-jeep's site and it says that there are two different assemblies. one for pre 99 and one for post.

I have a bad hub assembly in a new axle i just put in and i was just going to pull the bearing assembly from my 2000 D30 axle with the higher lip, I know they're different but will it work?

There are two different hubs. one is for front composite rotors and the other is for cast rotors. You have to measure the hub height. One is deeper than the other

You have to use the corresponding rotor with the hub, either cast or composite.

1990 through mid-1999 (composite rotors)

late-1999 through 2001 (cast rotors).

hmmm, i'm using the rotors from my 2000 LP D30... I had to switch out one of the hubs (left side). So now I'm running the 1997 HP D30 w/ 2000 Hub on Left, 1997 Hub on right, and 2000 rotors on both. It doesn't seem like there is much of a problem running the 1997 hub w/ the 2k Rotors...

Unless the difference is in the inside diameter of the rotor / outside diameter of the hub, because I noticed a slight difference... Is it too big of a problem to drive local for a week on it?

Cast rotors are thicker at the lug nut holes and measure between 1/4" (.250) to 5/16 (.320) in this area.

Composite rotors will have a thin sheet metal like appearance at the lug nut holes where the studs come through and measure about 1/8 "(.125) thick in this area.

The 96-99 unit bearing (pn 513084) is also a little more pricey than the late model, 00-02 (pn HA597449).

Nobody has a conclusive answer to compatability. I do know the 00-02 part will fit and work on an 89. The total width of the unit is about 1/16" different but seems to have no problem.

ty20404 said:
i was just going to pull the bearing assembly from my 2000 D30 axle with the higher lip, will it work?

As long as you transplant the matching unit bearing and brake rotors you should be fine. Some replacement rotors seem to be machined to fit either side of the 1999.5 unit bearing changeover.

More info --> http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=907146

Last edited:
well I'm running the 2000 rotors on the old bearing unit and i havent' had a problem yet so I guess it works fine.

Back