• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rack lighting questions

88RIxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I have a 1988 jeep cherokee with a RC 3 inch lift. i wanted to put lifhts on the roof racks and was woundering what ways people sent the feed wires.(the positive to lights.) And was hopeing to get some up close and personal wiring pics and details so i can build the best system i can. Thank you guys in advance

Mr.X:peace:

I run KC HiLites through my factory roof rack on a 94'. It took some time and patience but i love it. I had to drill a whole through the roof to the interior and then sealed it all up. I'l get some pics up here in a few.

So here is what i have they were chrome and off of a wrangler light bar so i had to do something about mounting them so why not the factory roof mount.
roofrack4.jpg

roofrack3.jpg

Here are the wires, both ground and power, 12ga wire, wish i had made it a disconnect system.
roofrack.jpg

Here you can see where i drilled through to run the loom. The lights are wired in parallel and are all soldered and taped up for weather resistance.
roofrack2.jpg

These ruber pieces come out, thats where the wires are ran and the lights are attached, they then run to a relay under the hood and to a switch on the center console.

wow thats a pretty cleann set up, running the wires in the rail like that. Thank you for that idea thats going in the book. i think so far i have gathered up a few good ideas and am going to combine them.1)going to use a 110 extension cord to run the distance. that way there all the wires are held togetjer and in one pakage.2) run em up threw the weather striping on passenger side door. i like this cause i reall wanna keep roof hole to a minimum.3)run the wires threw the rail like yours.
i hope the system works ..any other imput will always be welcome thanxs4) and put a disconect somewere.
Mr.X:peace:

Back