• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who makes this bumper?

ratherbcamping

NAXJA Forum User
This bumper is on a 01 XJ that I just bought. The guy has the oem rear bumper too.

I'm thinking about pulling this one off and selling it to help pay for the 2wd AW4 that it needs.

Jeep2.jpg

looks like a homebrew to me

ditto

lowrange2 said:
Definitly homemade and not very well at that. I'd have that stock one back on there...
Don't think it is homemade. It bolt together and the side guards are stamped steel.

It would be hard to go into production on a bumper like that, doubt people would buy it with how shotty it looks

I'll find out from the previous owner where he got it. It's not as bad as it looks except for the side guards, which are just bolted on the angle clips to the bumper. If they were trimmed back a little it would look a lot better.

Pretty sure I'm taking back to stock. This XJ will probably go to my niece once it has a new trans and I check it out.

longducdong said:
i may be interested if the price is right. where in s. texas are you from?
I'm in Corpus, but the XJ is in Dallas. I will be towing it home in a couple weeks when I'm up visiting family.

Help me find an inexpensive 98-01 2WD AW4 transmission and I'll make you a hell of a deal. Found several locally in the $500 range at the junk yards, but was hoping to find someone parting out a 2wd XJ and pick one up a little cheaper and not have to pay tax and mess with the core charge.

lrainman said:
Who cares if it is homemade, I would be more proud of something I built with my own two hands than something I bought, even if it is a little rough!

Well, I think that answers the question of who made that bumper.

ratherbcamping said:
... maybe he saved enough money to pay his NAXJA membership....

Well, he bought the Jeep with it on there, but...I don't think NAXJA memberships are the leading cause of ugly fabrication...at least it's not proven.

PS - Lame attempt at giving me shit for not RENEWING my membership yet, it did just expire recently.

rocknxj said:
I've seen those before. I think it's made by FuglyBumpers, Inc, or Poor Homebuilt MallRunners.

I've heard of them, they are pretty reasonable with their prices.

rocknxj said:
I've seen those before. I think it's made by FuglyBumpers, Inc, or Poor Homebuilt MallRunners.

Lets see you build one and then post it up for all to pick apart!!:looser: Atleast the dude built it, anybody can buy one!!:dunno:

Back