• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crappy Pics of of my homemade winch bumper and new wheels

GreenGoblin

NAXJA Forum User
I tried posting in the picture showcase but it wouldn't let me...??? So, I made a front bumper using 1/4" for the frame mounts, the harbor freight universal winch mount, 2x3 tubing, some 3/16" for skid plate & 3/16" diamond design for the top. The shackle mount is intergrated into the frame mounts with 1/2" added to it. Iike how I designed the bumper, however it was hard fasten the winch to the deck.. I also got some american racing rims for the cost of a case of beer.
DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

x2, don't see any problems with that work at all.

well done

Nice bumper man,
but-
I see Pep Boys sucked you into the Definity M/T's as well.

wow thats whicked awsome. i have the same exact winch on my jeep. I have a question for you ..how are those dakota m/t? i was going to go the same route and was woundering how they are?

I've never seen another set of those tires in my life other than at my local pepboys lol. Let me know how they are for sure!! Theres a set on sale now, $400 for 4.

I have run the Dakota M/T's in 31x10.5 since February. They clean out well in the mud, never played hard on the rocks, couldn't find any sand. They do quite well in the snow, they are on my DD. I haven't been stuck with them and they have been in some slick mud with the gas tank dragging. I have no complaints about traction or road manners at all, I have put 12K miles on them and they are easily half dead. I rotate, monitor tire pressure and don't drive crazy with them...65 tops on the highway.
The warranty is a joke. It cost me $94 for a replacement UNDER WARRANTY for a tire with 12/32 left on it. Mind you, a new tire was only $99. They screw you for labor and installation. They wear quickly, you will never get the 40K miles they are rated for, and when you make a warranty claim it costs just as much as buying the tires the first time around. I would steer clear of them if you use for a DD. Consider yourself warned.:scottm:

My brother runs them on his XJ as well and is disappointed with the treadwear on his- he has far less mileage on his though.

Back