• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little info....

Rev Den

NAXJA Forum User
For the first timers....

Winterfest started as a group of friends doing some informal wheeling.

There will be some decent wheeling, there should be enough to keep you entertained and hopefully some challanges. the main reason for Winterfest however is still to gather as friends, share some wheeling, and generally get to know each other. We will have trail leaders, but usually there are some spur of the moment runs in the afternoons. To have fun you need to remain flexable, be outgoing, and not be too concerned about schedules. If you keep in mind that this is a social gathering, and forgive us a few small hick-ups, you will have fun.

It was because of Winterfest that brought me to this club, some cold weather wheeling and a hot campfire next to the river with only a dozen or so people was what the early gathering was. While this is now a national event, the spirt of those early times is still very much alive, and honored.

I look forward to seeing all of you there, to reconnect with old friends, and meet new ones. When you see me.....and you will see me....make sure you speak up, cut me some slack if I forget your name (I am horrible with names), and embrace the Winterfest tradition for what it is.....

A group of friends, socializing, wheeling, and just have a good time.

Rev

Very well put Rev.

Sticky worthy, IMHO.

It should be noted that organized runs will only take place on Saturday, with the "Banquet" Saturday evening. This will take place at the Attica VFW and will be catered by Robies. We've had good luck with Robies in the past, usually pretty good grub.

Thrusday and Friday, is the day that Trail Leaders and Gunners will pre-run. We generally try to keep those groups very small. If not a Leader or Gunner, you're more than welcome to wheel wherever. Usually there are a few that get together and form small groups and take off and wheel whereever they please. Sunday, is whatever as well. There are no organized runs. Usually everyone packs up and heads home. There are a few that wheel Sunday, but usually not very many.

Last edited:
Back