• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Length & Caster

ty20404

NAXJA Forum User
Using the stock body mounts how much upper control arm length will change the caster by 1 degree, while keeping the lowers at a fixed length. It's sitting at about 5 inches of lift.

Shorten them to get more caster(positivo), lengthen-less castor, buy a 5 dollar angle finder :dunno:
You REALLY should be on some DB's Midarms or longarms, changing castor by one degree with your setup will do close to nothing for you.

I'm going for less caster, i can go a max of about 3 degrees and I'm seeing about how much longer than a stock arm would get me there.

so your getting vibes because your pinion angle is off? Get a angle finder, all tool boxes/garages should have one. It is VERY easy to measure caster off the pumpkin, inner c's/balljoints, or bottom of knuckle.

If I had to guess, I'd say for every .125" you lengthen them, your gonna lose a degree of caster.:dunno:

Last edited:
I don't want to be a dick, but I didn't ask how to measure the pinion angle. I know very well how to do that. But thank you for answering the question (finally).

:kissyou: measure caster, adjust them out a tad, re measure. If you over shoot or under shoot, you'll know by now what Inch measurement does what. So you nail it on the second try. I see your point if you want to do it in one shot!

RyanM said:
:kissyou: measure caster, adjust them out a tad, re measure. If you over shoot or under shoot, you'll know by now what Inch measurement does what. So you nail it on the second try. I see your point if you want to do it in one shot!

true, but there is nothing i hate more than lining up the holes on the CAs.

I got the HP in so I'll put the front DS on tomorrow and see what happens.

Back