• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uhhh......WTF....pics

rooneypower

NAXJA Forum User
ok i was just in the process of cutting some plaastic off the front bumper and just saw this..........:gonnablow
IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

These are the Oil?? lines that go to the oil pan and the tranny??

The only way i see that this happened is the lower control arm came up and hit it. (look at the pics) that doesn't make any sense cause ive got bump stops and i think im covered... its not leaking or anything... wtf. What should i do, i know if i try to straiten it out, its gonna break...

there the tranny cooler lines, had the same thing happen to mine, cut off the bad section with ruber lines, dont know what size it is off hand though

those are the transmission cooler lines that run from the tranny to the cooler...if they get pinched or broken they can leak trans fluid and overheat the tranny or run it dry

ROBZ95Xj said:
they're the tranny cooler lines, dont know what size it is off hand though

5/16" cooler line-- fuel line and water lines of that inner diameter will slowly deteriorate, so make sure the rubber is designed for oil/trans fluid.

--Shorty

1. Buy some compression fittings. 2. Cut the line. 3. Put the compression fittings on. 4. Flare the ends and screw together. NO RUBBER TO WORRY ABOUT!

Shorty said:
very true-- but tougher to find cheaply in bulk hose bin:roll:

Probably depends on where you shop. I can get bulk 5/16", 11/32", or 3/8" PS hose all day long (anything larger, and I've got to go to the Parker-Hannifin dealer. They've got up to 4" suction line and 3" pressure line on hand, but they keep banker's hours...)

Looks like a stick got ya... or something jambed up under there.

I replaced my lines when I added a trans cooler. I bought new ones from the dealer, and I dont remember them being unreasonably expensive.

I had spliced rubber on them before I replaced them...when I first got the jeep. It worked "ok". But decided to replace them when I found out they werent too expensive.

J.

so if i were to just buy OEM ones, i would disconnect them out and just screw the new ones in? Or if i splice them, will they leak like crazy? does it matter if air gets in them?

Are they ok to drive on right now, dont know when this happened but, it hasnt hurt anything yet...

auto parts store should carry a power steering return hose 5/16 could get a part # for it tommorow if it helps any

Whenever I patch tranny cooler lines, I use the best hose I can find. Autozone usually has transmission cooler hose in the two common sizes.

I do it a couple ways. I slip as much on as i can, and use two or even three clamps per side. Or...if I feel ambitious, I use a brake flare tool, and flare the tubing.

If you get the new hoses, you will just have to connect them to the trans, and the front should have quick disconnects...atleast mine did. You'll need a fuel line disconnect tool or something similar. Again..just how it was on my 94. I added my trans cooler in and used all quick disconnect fittings...hence why I bought new hoses.

J.

rooneypower said:
so the fluid is not gonna go all over the place then?

is it ok for me to drive it like this?
i wouldnt, i drove mine like that and ended up leaking, lost enough fluid that the trans ended up slipping and overheated, fixed the leak and added more fluid and it worked fine, but it aint worth the chance of burning up a trans

Take it to a shop not to be a dick but if you didnt know what they were than you prolly shouldn't mess with them and it will be cheap at a shop half hour labor mabie my shop charges 94 an hr. so 47 bux and you can stay clean. good luck

its a 10 min job, get a tubing cutter, cut off the bad section, replace it with trans cooler hose and add hose clamps

but on the other side of things the only way to learn is to do it so if you do it just when you cut it use some sort of saw sawzall, die grinder wahet ever dont try do cut them with some thing that will crush the lines that will block the flown rubber hose works fine get the stuff for trans. coolers and some good clamps just remove like 4 inches you should do fine.

Back