• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear quick disco's

pataterchip

NAXJA Forum User
I just swaped a ford 9" in and the plates and new u bolts are too wide for the factory rear sway to mount as they did before. So If I fab up some bracket and weld them to the ubolt plates on top of the leafs, and use a ball lock pin through the factory bushing as a quick disconect, just reach behind the tire and pull the pin and WALA no more rear sway. Can anyone think of a reason this won't work or will screw something else up?

Get rid of the rear sway. I'ts more trouble than its worth

xjcody said:
Get rid of the rear sway. I'ts more trouble than its worth

X2

Will you be able to swing the disconnected bar up and far enough out of the way to clear rear a tire when it is stuffed?

Do you live near the woods? If so here's what you do. You take the sway bar off, walk over to the wood line and throw it as hard as you can. Then laugh and go back to what you were doing. Works everytime!

norcalchris said:
its more work then needed. The sway bar limits your flex more, than it helps your ride quality.

X2 - It's really hard to get in to the rear sway bar without taking the tire off. At one point in time, I also considered doing this, but I removed it instead. I have 3" and 31's and I drive my Jeep HARD on the road, and the sway bar never bothered me. What does bother me is that I drive a brick, and it handles like one.

yay, answers my own question I didnt bother to ask.

I am gleefully getting ready to cut it off! Why just unbolt something when you can get all the pretty sparks!!!:loveu:

Back