• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camp

XJ20

It's no big deal
33.19191 N, 111.29622 W

Paste the coords in google map for directions to camp. This is flat desert camping with plenty of room for rv’s and trailers.

Hotels are about 30 miles away in florence, mesa, and apache junction. There is a motel in florence called the blue mist. If anyone knows of another post it.
http://www.bluemistmotel.com/

Trails will be accessed from camp.

the florence coordinates don't help me. Can you describe in words where the Rockfest is? The Dells, Cochran, Whitlow Ranch, Teacup Ranch, Mineral Mtn., something like that.

gllemley said:
the florence coordinates don't help me. Can you describe in words where the Rockfest is? The Dells, Cochran, Whitlow Ranch, Teacup Ranch, Mineral Mtn., something like that.

Foothills of Mineral Mtns. E on US 60, S on SR 79 for 5 miles to Cottonwood Canyon Rd, E on Cottonwood Canyon for about 3 miles to the camping area.

does anyone know if that bush hwy is good to tow down? i'll be coming in from the 87 and that looks like a short cut to the 60

Not as good as the 17, but still a good road. Are you coming through the Flagstaff area? If you are it is faster to go the 17 to the 101 to the 60. The Flagstaff to Payson route while wide is slow and curvy.

Wounded XJ said:
Not as good as the 17, but still a good road. Are you coming through the Flagstaff area? If you are it is faster to go the 17 to the 101 to the 60. The Flagstaff to Payson route while wide is slow and curvy.
no. will be coming from holbrook to payson then towards mesa

Wounded XJ said:
What kind of setup are you hauling?
just the good old truck\trailer\jeep combo nothing to serious, i've run many of the routes from moab to mesa in my car and to me that seemed like the easiest way to run south

Wounded XJ said:
It should work. You will have some work cut out for you in the Strawberry area, but I'm sure you will do fine. I say go for it.
thats the plan i just have never been down the bush hwy thats why i asked and yes the strawberry area was the only major concern but nothing different than what the mountain climbs here are really.

NAXJA got its permit application approved for the campsite and the permit from the arizona state land dept has been received.

A search for port-o-potties is next.
tipshades.gif

XJ20 said:
NAXJA got its permit application approved for the campsite and the permit from the arizona state land dept has been received.

A search for port-o-potties is next.
tipshades.gif

I will ask my buddy TuffXJ and see if he can hook us up with some smokin deals.

Hello Guys,

is there a link that has all the boreing info, like cost, etc.
I would love to attend. Can you come and go.

also, am i allowed to post this on the JeepForum site?

thank you

Back