• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chevy axles

xmanche

NAXJA Forum User
Question on chevy axles or gm axles.In my area ford stuff is really hard to come by we have all been fighting over a ford 350 camper special and the guy keeps uping the price it started out as 200 dollar junker now he thinks hes got a gold mine so he wants 1500 so i decided to drop out and think about the numerous 1 ton chevys around.So many i cant decide which one to get.my plan is to run the exhaust straight out the back with no bend in it and run the passenger side drop chevy with leafs and a 14 bolt rear.question is which year chevys to look for and should i be looking under trucks and subrubans or just trucks anyone see a problem with this.Its a complete rebuild so ill get some pics and try to post them up while im doing it.Any hints tips hugely apreciated where i live the local guys who have jeeps suck for advice.they all have 36s and 38s on stock axles some even have 42s and no other mods done so its like theres no help for it.please help.

Back