• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fed up with Coolant leaks

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so for the past 2 weeks, I've gone through hell with my damn jeep. There was a small hole in my heater hose going back to the heater core. Replaced it and it still leaked. Figured out i didnt have the clamp back far enough past the ridge on the metal nipple, so i push one clamp all the way back and then another in front of it. No more leaky. Then my cap goes bye bye, replaced it with a napa cap and it was good for about 2 days and now i need to get another cap from the dealer, well today i went outside only to find a small puddle of coolant, found that its running down the side of the firewall behind the passengers side LCA mount. Put my fingers underneath that heater hose and its leaking!!! The hose is pushed all the way back up against the rubber part of the heater core and its coming from the bottom of the hose where it touches up against the heater core....what gives? Ive tightened the clamps but i just went outside and its still leaking obviously.

Well first I'd take off the hose and make sure there is no buildup around the tip of the core pipe, that would stop it from getting a good seal. if there is just use some sand paper and sand it off. that is a common problem with coolant piping sealing. or it might be a small crack, i'd check again them small cracks love to hide. ooo well good luck.

Back