• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A couple of questions

xalexjx

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, i have a pinion yoke out of the front of an np231 from a 94 cherokee.. Does anyone know the spline count off this. I also have an 8.25 axle that is in need of a new yoke. Im assuming these yokes have different spline counts but im not sure if they are interchange able, im assuming they arnt but figured is ask... Thanks Alex

maybe im reading it wrong or am picturing it wrong, but cant you count the splines if you have it in your hands?

I didnt want to pull the rear pinion in the rear axle..Other wise i would had just tried counted them and measured. The other pinion is already pulled but its down at the shop,, and im ordering parts right now for tommorow from napa so i just figured id ask

yea one of the retaining tabs on the pinion was taken off when my old drive shaft was taken out with a rock. So for this whole wheeling season ive been tack welding the u-joint caps on. It was starting to get annoying. So i figured id fix it. I think ill just be ordering an 8.25 pinion yoke.

Back