• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring

sublime600

NAXJA Forum User
This may be a dumb question but my rear leaf springs are sagging im looking to lift it 2 inches, and was looking at the rustys kit. It comes with new front coils. But only a Add a Leaf, is there any where i can buy a new full leaf pack that either OEM or 2 inches. i looked under the car and they are almost straight. Its a 2001 any help would be great thanks. I wanna keep it in the 2 inch range because i dont want to do an SYE. Ive heard you might have to do it above 3 inches.

Well I dont think they sell full leaf packs for a 2" lift, only 3"s+, So I would say go with the 3" full pack kit.
I always thought that the new Cherokees needed the SYE at 4"+ but I could be wrong on that one. Chances are you probably wont need one with the 3" kit.
But if you really wanted to stay at 2"s you could just get S-10 leafs and add 1 or 2 to your origional pack and that usually adds to around 2"s.

OME makes a 2" kit that I'd assume you can get just the springs for. Otherwise, look for a local spring shop than can build you a custom pack.

If thats true ill just get the 3 inch kit. I didnt know that, but i will look into the s10 packs. Is the s10 packs thats what rocklizard did right. I think they used s10 packs. But if i dont need an SYE for 3 inches ill just get that. thanks man

I did a 4.5 lift and dropped the xfer 1". Drives fine, except my 4.5 pack isnt breaking in yet. 10,000 unloaded miles. do a 3, and you may not need to drop xfer at all. A 2001 and my 2000 have to be similar in that aspect.

Back