• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can I get another Key Fob?

call your crysler dealer and give them the vin # they can tell you if it has keyless entry then aske them for the part # for anew FOB and buy one on ebay na dthey will charge you $42.50 to program your FOB to your keyless entry that's what I did!
I may have a extra FOB once you get the part # I can look!

Last edited:
Im going through this with my 01. It has the sentry key system too...and all I got with the jeep is ONE key. So I need another sentry key ($50) and some key fobs.

For ONE sentry key, two key fobs, and programming, my dealer wanted around $200.

He said if I brought my own stuff, he would cut the key for free, and program for $40.

So I went on ebay and got 4 sentry keys, and 3 new key fobs and I paid about $50 for it all shipped. The only thing you can do yourself is program more sentry keys IF you already have two. You can not program new remotes on your own. So Im just gonna get it all done at the dealer all at once since the programming fee is only charged one time, no matter how many remotes or keys you get programmed in.

J.

When I did it for the 97ZJ we got last month I ordered one from remotes unlimited, borrowed a chrysler scan tool and plugged it in. They sent me the wrong one but resent me a new correct one two days later. Plugged the scan tool in and went thru the menus to the security fob screen, already had one so I added #2, it would take a maximum of 4. The ECU in the ZJ identified itself as a 98XJ. The fobs are identified by their FCC number on the back of them and how many buttons they have. Mine cost me $66 shipped. I have a security system in the 97TJ but no fob and have to do the key reset button every time I disconnect the battery, going to order one for it soon

I recommend that you buy 3 or 4 on Ebay. Sellers sell thes in bulk on ebay, just look around. Most part numbers are the same, but you generally want a higher letter on the end (for your part number anyway). For instance, the part number on my '99 remote is 56036859AC. XJ's will support up to four remotes. It doesn't really take any additional time to program the extra three. Also, call your various dealers. Some will charge a flat rate, some will do all of them for free, it really depends on the place. If you are programming a second or third remote, it is wise to have all remotes present.

Markos said:
I recommend that you buy 3 or 4 on Ebay. Sellers sell thes in bulk on ebay, just look around. Most part numbers are the same, but you generally want a higher letter on the end (for your part number anyway). For instance, the part number on my '99 remote is 56036859AC. XJ's will support up to four remotes. It doesn't really take any additional time to program the extra three. Also, call your various dealers. Some will charge a flat rate, some will do all of them for free, it really depends on the place. If you are programming a second or third remote, it is wise to have all remotes present.

yeah thats where I got my 3 remotes was EbAy!!

looking for one for my '95... ugh, they don't seem to have this same "bulk" plan setup, the damn things go for $40+ used, and 60ish new. Anyone know of a pleace to get CHEAP 2 button remotes?

Back