• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cat removal

XxFIREMANxX said:
I just bought s rustys exhust system and was wondering how it sounds with the cat removed verses haveing one I have a 40 series and the 4.0 need some opinions thanks
My jeep used to have nothing but a cat, everything after it was gone. Now it doesn't have a cat just a 40 series where the cat used to be and nothing after it. They sound exactly the same...

Leave the cat in - a good cat won't restrict flow, and there's this little thing called Federal Law that really encourages you to keep the cat in place. Why give the anti-recreationalists any more ammo to close our trails and restrict mods in your juvenile attempt to get some more noise out of the exhaust?

:eek:y vey:

A properly maintained and running motor will not produce excessive emissions. I have a well built 4.6L stroker and it passes the sniffer test and is well below the allowable limits.

AARON

if you want a good performance cat that keeps our air clean go with random technologies... yucca man nuff said

Back