• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have to get the '99 donor out of my drive way...

rcmf5525

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I live on a military post and they have taken a dislike to the '99 XJ donor sitting in my driveway. I have to move it with in 48hrs. Not a big deal, but I will be moving it to the Auto Craft lot on post so I can remove what I want to keep and then scrap or sell the rest. I don’t want to turn this into a 'for sale' thread, but I would like to list the things that I would like to keep to use on my '92 XJ and get some feed back on what will work.

Engine (short block).
I am going to stroke the block from the '99 and swap it out with the block in my '92. By not keeping the head, it should be a straight swap.

Intake manifold.
I have read the write ups on this swap and it looks straightforward and will net some gains in air flow.

Break booster.
Again, read the write ups on this swap.

231 Tcase?
Don’t know if I will use the 231 or keep the 242.

Transmission?
Am I on the right track by assuming the transmission would have to be used if I were to swap transfer cases because of the longer input shaft? Another question is - would the '99 transmission work with the '92 ecu? Is there any difference in the two transmissions as far as electronics?

Power steering pump.
Because it is brand new...

Starter.
Same reason as PS pump...

I think that is all I am tracking on being beneficial to swap out.

If anyone wants the 8.25, D30, front/rear DS, or anything else for that matter, just PM me. It is a Cherokee Classic, maroon.

I should start on the tear down next weekend. Thanks for your help!!

I need the :
right amber turn lens in the front if its not cracked
rear carpet if it grey and clean no rips and tears or stains
let me know a price shipped to 78408 business

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
also need a downpipe with cat converter and rear O2 sensor

PM'd you...

rcmf5525 said:
Transmission?
Am I on the right track by assuming the transmission would have to be used if I were to swap transfer cases because of the longer input shaft? Another question is - would the '99 transmission work with the '92 ecu? Is there any difference in the two transmissions as far as electronics?

correct. you will need to keep the conntctors from the 92 tranny and swap them to the 99 when you change it over, but other than that, its no problem.

Back