• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Double check please

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have an auto 97XJ with HP D30/ C8 1/4 axles and I'm going to have rearend specialties put 4.56 gears into them. I'm plannng on buying the gears and install kits from completeoffroad.com

They have this package deal that will give me every thing i will need except the new carriers, right? Or since mine is currently at 3.55 I wont need new carriers?

The package comes with reverse cut D30 gears which are the right gears for my year XJ right?

And that page also says that "will not fit crush sleeve non TJ style dana 30", what does that mean, will it work for my D30?

Anything I'm forgetting?

Thanks for your help, Travis

your gonna need a new carrier for up front b/c the break over is at 3.73 on D30's

IIRC, low pinion D30 (TJs and 00+ XJs) have crush sleeves....high pinion, like yours, use something else....

and yes, yours is reverse cut in the D30....HP are reverse cut, LP are standard drive...

I think I confused myself....hmmmm....

your HP 30 has the spacers/shims on the pinion, not a crush sleeve IIRC

Back