• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sagging Headliner

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard that you can roll wallpaper glue on the headliner and it will soak through and dry clear. Anybody else have any suggetions? the headliner isn't sagging through out the whole Jeep mainly along the outer edges and above my head which drives me flippin nuts.- No pun intended

Just go ahead and rip it all out. I've replaced one before. Ordered the kit for something like $45 on eBay. It worked out great and it wasn't too difficult either.

Of course there is the staple approach. You can make your XJ look like a Morrocon restaurant.

Ha ha....yeah, I had colored pushpins holding mine up before I ripped it out. And not the cool simple red, blue, and white push pins....I'm talking about the metallic pink, light blue, pastel yellow and green gay push pins. The PO installed those.

I have 1/4" dowel rods holding mine up all the way to the rear light in the overhead. Looks kinda neat and tidy. Truth is I just don't want to tackle taking the overhead console down to pull the headliner out and replace it, but the dowels worked for the last couple of years. Hadn't really thought too much about it til I read this tonight "Sagging Headliner".

mikeforte said:
I have 1/4" dowel rods holding mine up all the way to the rear light in the overhead. Looks kinda neat and tidy. Truth is I just don't want to tackle taking the overhead console down to pull the headliner out and replace it, but the dowels worked for the last couple of years. Hadn't really thought too much about it til I read this tonight "Sagging Headliner".

how many did you use?

8-10 maybe. I'd go count them but in my jammys and it's cold outside right now but thats pretty close. Cheap solution. Used shorter ones up front at the overhead console and longer ones in back where they just tuck into the plastic moulding.

sweet,you paint them or just leave them wood? For some reason it only drops when its wet/moist out, this will be my fix for now, got other projects on the go: half doors,longblock swap,list just goes on

Back