• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Free or very cheap mod

Remove the rear sway bar. Rig up the extended idle switch. Make your own heavy duty headlight harness. Get a set of front tow hooks. A rear hitch. There is a ton of stuff you can do for less than a bill, or just a bit over.

Why would I want to remove the rear sway bar if i have a stock suspension, not much articulation anyway.

what is the extended idle switch for?

Make your own heavy duty headlight harness? what would be the purpose of this?

already have the hitch and front + rear tow hooks are on the way.

========================================
Make your own heavy duty headlight harness? what would be the purpose of this?
========================================
Some people like this mod. The stock lamps do get a little brighter.
I tried it a few years ago on a 6 volt system it help a lot more on it.
=====================================
Why would I want to remove the rear sway bar if i have a stock suspension, not much articulation anyway.
====================================
It does help a little and it is FREE so give it a try. If you don't like it put it back on. No harm done and little work/time lost.
As fare a stock setups go the Cherokee has a lot of articulation or more then many anyway.
If you tow or run heavy loaded then you may want to leave the bar in place. Empty or running light removing the rear bar may improve handling.

swap gauge cluster to one with tach and gauges instead of large gas gauge and idiot lights. many come this way already. It cost me about 40$ for UPull cluster and new sending units.

welded rear end, when done right with the right welder it will hold up and be reliable. i love mine, its a welded up 29 spl 8.25 and its gets the job done.

also a push button start, when the nss goes bad and your looking at a $300 part the 5$ button from auto zone looks really good

93_xj said:
what is the extended idle switch for?
I was wondering also, i have seen it just dont know the purpose

shortxjdoug said:
also a push button start, when the nss goes bad and your looking at a $300 part the 5$ button from auto zone looks really good

Or just take the 20-minutes to remove, clean, and reinstall the NSS. That sounds like a better solution than sticking in bypass switch as a band-aid.

F-250 coils, and S-10 leafs.
Got my f-250 coils for $20 and rear leafs I dont need but I'd assume they'd be around $50-60.
There ya go, 3.5-4" rear lift and 2.5-3"s front for under a 100. If you want to even it out in the front get a set of 2" spacers for $50 later on.
It might look kinda goofy with stock tires but hell, its cheap.

lawsoncl said:
Or just take the 20-minutes to remove, clean, and reinstall the NSS. That sounds like a better solution than sticking in bypass switch as a band-aid.

well i had the contact arm snap in half in my 91 when i had it so cleaning was out of the question

rock rash said:
First: https://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm

then:

hood vents, remove sway bar, make discos for front, trim fenders, and get a tank of gass with the extra...oh and get a tow strap if you dont have on....all can be done together for less than 100
x2...sawzaw the hell out of the fenders and make room for bigger tires.

bedliner on your rockers.

Paint your wheels.

If 97+ spray your flares with Krylon fusion to make them black again.

If not 96+, make an adjustable MAP sensor

Mount some cheap foglights on the rear to use as AUX backup lights/Tailgater defense lights

As already stated, GO-Jeeps Headlight harness is a great upgrade. It made a amazing difference in my stock Low Beams

eliminate your mechanical fan, and replace it with another electric fan, shouldnt run more than $100

Upgrade to a larger oil filter for more capacity

Best free mod......learn how to use the search feature. you can find lots of info............

Back