• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 question.

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
My friend is a bit computer illiterate so I'm asking for him. He has an 88XJ 4.0 auto. He had a popping noise coming from the t-case when the brake was applied while driving in full-time or part-time mode. He swapped the cases with one he had from a junkyard. It was fine for a while now its doing it again. Is it really the case or is it a sloppy chain in the case or something else? He has checked all his u-joints and they are good. I have not heard it myself.

Jeepm@n said:
My friend is a bit computer illiterate so I'm asking for him. He has an 88XJ 4.0 auto. He had a popping noise coming from the t-case when the brake was applied while driving in full-time or part-time mode. He swapped the cases with one he had from a junkyard. It was fine for a while now its doing it again. Is it really the case or is it a sloppy chain in the case or something else? He has checked all his u-joints and they are good. I have not heard it myself.

Yes its probably the chain, if the TC is leaking fluid and driven on the highway the chains dont last long. my suggestion is to rebuild it with a new chain and new seals, and new pump

Back