• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drive line length help

92jeepxjOR

NAXJA Forum User
I'm ordering the tom woods sye kit and drive line and I'm trying to figure out what length to order the drive line I'm putting a 6.5 in lift with 33`s and I don't have time to have my rig down while I wait for the drive line to be shipped I was wondering if anyone has done the same lift and knew what length to order

because all lifts end up slightly different.....my advice is get the lift installed and put the stock shaft in temporarily to measure what u need, then pull the front shaft and go 2wheel drive till you get yur woody. thats what i did and it worked out well for me.

my $ .02

it also helps to know the rear axle. I ran a 6.5" lift with a 1" t-case drop and had little vibes but not bad. but that was with a stock shaft with a tj yoke on it. I now run a front drive shaft out of a auto cherokee that I extended 2". I dont have measurements right now as it is late and I dont wanna go measure. Iwill measure tomorow for you if you like. Currently it has a D44 rear axle so I could get close but mojomojomojo is right, install lift, measure and drive in front whelk drive a few days.

Lata

AZRockRunner said:
it also helps to know the rear axle. I ran a 6.5" lift with a 1" t-case drop and had little vibes but not bad. but that was with a stock shaft with a tj yoke on it. I now run a front drive shaft out of a auto cherokee that I extended 2". I dont have measurements right now as it is late and I dont wanna go measure. Iwill measure tomorow for you if you like. Currently it has a D44 rear axle so I could get close but mojomojomojo is right, install lift, measure and drive in front whelk drive a few days.

Lata

Some ZJ shafts are about 2" longer then a XJ automatic shaft is FYI.

v8 zj shaft is the one that is 2" longer.

Back