• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires

94XJSean

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 Cherokee and am looking to put a 2 inch lift on it with bigger tires. Right now it is pretty much all stock. I was thinking of putting 31' tires but wanted to know if they would rub if I used 31/12.50 ? In other words I want to know how wide I can go without causing problems. Thanks for the info. NAXJA

First off, there's NO way youre going to run a 31" tire with only 2" lift without crazy amounts of rubbing... 3" or 3.5" is the only way to clear 31's....

Also, with the deep backspacing on stock xj rims (5.5") you cant run wider than a 10.50 wide tire without rubbing bad that way.....

So I suggest a 3 or 3.5" lift with 31x10.50x15 tires.. but even still you might want to look into new tires/rims with some shallower backspacing (3.75" if you dont mind cutting, and 4.5" if you dont want to cut/relocate flares)

Good luck!!

rims

when you say stock xj rims i assume you're reffering to the stock wheels. Which i am planning on replacing as well. but that doesn't make any difference as far as rubbing goes does it? Thanks for the info.:confused:

Back