• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's winch bumper

92XJT

NAXJA Forum User
Picked one up last week - overall it looks pretty good, though takes awhile to get use to the look. Just wondering if anyone else is running one and how they like it. I searched and found one post on one awhile back but didn't go in depth about it. I plan on installing a winch and mainly the XJ will be used for strictly wheeling. For ones that are using a Rusty's does it pose any issues with how far it sticks out? Any input would be great.

100_1943.jpg

100_1941.jpg

Looks big to me, but what do I know. Before I bought my XJ I would see Jeeps with stuff like that and think what the hell is that thing? Then I started watching youtube videos of rock climbing and watched a couple guys keep from going over because they had one on. I don't know what size is needed to keep an XJ from going over, but I know when they are needed you don't care what it looks like. I guess the main thing is what are you using it for?

Not that it matters what people think, but I can't imagine what non offroader's think of that bumper. Something along the line of 'WTF is that supposed to be???'

Do you really need a stinger like that for muddin' in Indiana?

xcm said:
someone wanna splain stingers to us out west?

You tell us:laugh: I watched a couple in use and they appear to keep the truck from going ass over nose when going down real steep stuff. What the hell I do know though? I'm from Mi. Socal rocks and Mi sucks:)

Well hopefully it will start to see more technical trails this year. Would like to get a front locker to finish it though. Will be interesting in tighter trails with it stickin out a little, maybe it will just slide off the trees - lol. I got it cheap so I ain't complaining too much. Guess I'll have to test it out first hand to see if it worth its design/look.

purpose; for keeping the XJ from rolling onto its hood, I can understand that. but would it not then turn the vehicle to one side or the other causing it to flip to its side. guess thats better than landing on your hood/roof.

i like it too. i just wish they would incorporate a steering box brace in the mounting bracket and have some d-ring brackets on it too. i've been thinking about selling/trading my warn bumper and getting one of these.

Back