• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm lengths with LP D30 and DB's

StylerG

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ with Low Pinion D30 and 4" lift

Just ordered my drop brackets from another user, and some Adjustable uppers on the recommendation of Don at DC4WD. Have the fixed re lowers on right now.
From yuccamans website i should have basically stock length arms so i was also going to order some adjustable lowers (i dont need long arms, and really want the ability to fine tune this thing). When looking at RE's site i noticed that the adjustable uppers dont adjust down anymore than 15.25" and from yucca-mans site, i only need 15"
I see a problem, but am i alright here, i dont think Don would steer me in the wrong direction so what am i missing here? Is this going to be a problem if i have that extra .25" that i can adjust out with some lowers or is that going to push my axle too far forward?
I also know there is a difference in caster degree for the LP D30 (11* instead of 9* if i recall correctly) would this have an influence in this?
Thanks for your guys help recently with my steering!

A couple months ago... I installed the RE CA drop bracket kit on my '98 XJ with 5.25" of lift.... IIRC I set the LCAs at 16" and the LCAs at 15.25.
When I went in to have the alignment checked.... I only needed the toe to be tweeked slightly... The alignment shop commented that the caster was PERFECT considering I had just installed the drop brackets...

A suggestion for you would be that while installing the drop brackets and adjusting the CAs; replace the upper control arm bushings that are pressed into the front differential. Ensures that when adjusting your UCAs length; your caster will remain accurate instead of drifting due to bad bushings...

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

man, i totally appreciate the input. However, you answered a 4 month old thread with information not relevant to the vehicle or axle i was questioning...why???

Back