• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil problems

flintlock

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a problem with my front coil springs they have a pretty good bow forwards. (Towards the front of the jeep) Any one know why this is? I'm running Rusty's 4.5 with 1.5 spacers up front with their adj, UCA and LCA's. Its is causing me a lot of problems getting my sway bar back so I can drive it on the street. Right now the track bar isn't hooked up because I broke the Rusty's and I'm putting a TnT in its place.

2 things cause this,wheelbase shortened and axle rotation due to castor/pinion angle.Its not a problem,quick fix would be swaybar relocation brackets.

First off , if you had a problem with our bar , send it back , we will take care of it , it sounds as if the arms , at least the lower must be adj longer, that will take the spring bow out

Out of adjustment. If you tilt it too far either way the spring would act like it wants to pop out. There is a difference in caster setting for the low pinion and the high pinion. Low was 2000 and 2001 only, I believe. Compromises have to be made when setting the pinion angle and the caster angle. Search gojeeps write up on it. May be a little confusing but folks will help you through it.

Rusty said:
First off , if you had a problem with our bar , send it back , we will take care of it , it sounds as if the arms , at least the lower must be adj longer, that will take the spring bow out

I noticed that in one of your posts about the Long Arms you said that your leaf springs and trac bars are coming from the same company that Rubicon Express uses, I purchased my 4.5" kit from your company in Jan of 07'. Is my trac bar one of them or is it an older one that was problematic, I have had no problems with mine to date. I was just curious to when you started using this company to manufacture some of your parts. thanks-Kelvin

leafs springs come from the same manufacture, we have used that spring company for 4 to 5 years, trac bars are done in house, trac bar bought in Jan of 07 would not have the 22 mm monster end, we can upgrade if you would like to send it to us.

2000 & 2001 do have the low pin axles , but I would still suggest 7 degree pos caster, the low pin axle are only a problem with over 8 inches of lift, those go around 5 degree, that should keep from getting any vibs

flintlock said:
Its an 89, so i guess its the hp, Isn't the caster something they would have taken care of when they did the alignment?

good luck finding an alignment place that knows how to adjust caster, even with an adjustable arm stairing at him.

Back