• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im excited at these finds at the junk yard

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i wouldnt count this as your average junk yard haul:
between too much free time and two local pickin yards over the past 5 days i recently paid 330$ for the following in total:
-dana 30 lockright
-dana 35 ez locker or aussie, but not a lockright(gonna sell it for like since i have a 44) with the carrier and ring gear(3.73)
both 44 shafts
both 30 front disco shafts
posi lok to replace vacuum stuff for disco 30 axle
spare tie rod
front skid
front stock tow hooks and the mounts!

i call this a gold mine
anyone get this lucky lately?

depends what you paid

Myself I have recently gone to the junk yard and pulled a complete hp 44 and a ford 9 inch out of an 79 bronco and only payed 138 bucks..., now im just hoping they wont be to wide for the xj.

damn, 138 for a bronco 44 and 9 is nice, what gear ratio?

You CA boys have yards all over! my yards are phuckin expensive, no pick pull, no half price day :(

60$ for an xj 44! you lucky bastard. i got my eyes on my second xj 44 right now, i think i might pull it today for 160$. then i have 2 44's sittin around and a 35 semi floater still on the heep, i really have my priorities backwards...

KG6ZJM said:
I think my best find was paing $60 for an XJ D44 out of an 88. Nothing like a bolt in axle found on half price day huh?

I got mine for $50! And that wasn't even half price day, that's the everyday low price!

Im not sure what gear ratio is is the axles, but it doesn't matter anyway, because 4.88 and lockrites are going in.. Also RyanM I see you live in VA just come up here to baltimore we have plenty of junkyards up here...

recycledxj said:
Myself I have recently gone to the junk yard and pulled a complete hp 44 and a ford 9 inch out of an 79 bronco and only payed 138 bucks..., now im just hoping they wont be to wide for the xj.

I had to pay $200.00 for mine, but I got a 1977 F-150 axle with the weld on brackets with 1/2" tubes and a 1979 Bronco 9". They are 65" wide. I also picked up 5 nice aluminum 15"x 8" rims from a late 80's to early 90's F150 for $100.00. Later that day I picked up a passenger side '96 2dr XJ door complete and rust free for $25.00 also.

I'm getting another 9" axle for $50.00 on Monday and Dodge axle ends complete from the inner C's out with flat top knuckles and 5 on 5.5" hubs and brakes for $25.00. They just torched the tubes and inner shafts.

I'm getting a 1987 F350 DRW HP D60 in a few days for a great deal too.

You just need to make friends with the people who sell you the parts...

No great bargain finds for me, but I've also visited one of the local junk yards today and got myself some WJ Grand Cherokee knuckles to do a high steer setup in the front.

I got an new horn button for free....

:wave:

I just got a pair of MJ bucket seat brackets, nice gray carpet for an MJ, Mj interior trim, MJ outer vent covers and a factory SWB MJ rollbar for a total cost of $30 cash at a local junkyard.

Friend of mine ownes a jy in the Bronx and lets me take any f the junk off for free. What he considers junk is , 94 up mech fan, dual booster, sound bar, aux fan, full console, 242 tc, blah blah blah. I clean his house rugs for free once a year. I still end up going to CT or PA to u pick for more variety. And fun!

Back