• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche

XJ01-08

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I found this going to get some new boots, Built in 6/89, only 2wd but ill fix that later, has some rust above the rear wheel wells, and the rockers are bout half gone but he only want 400obo, ill prolly offer 300 for it.
Should i get it, how hard would it be to fix the rust on rockers and the bed?

88e8028c2f8e.jpg

bde21a2993d0.jpg

Edit: Its an auto so it should have the AW4, Right? And would it be a Renix or OBD-I

Last edited:
If i could find one i wanted a M715, those are trucks lol, army gladiator but theres none around here, not sure if it runs yet no one answered the phone yet, but i plan on putting a Cummins 4bt in it anyway

Last edited:
lol thats the plan, Just confirmed that it does run and they said it was in good shape other than the rust holes

Last edited:
The paints not the greatest, and it does have some new tires, Im going to look at it more tomarrow, ill definettly check the floor, but cept for the rockers and the rust on the bed, nothing else looks to bad if you dont count the d35 lol

Well the price may be right if it has a 6cy. but look at the rear leaf spring mounts. if the truck had really bad frame rust they tend to rust out/crack apart were the rear leaf springs mount..check that the frame is solid (take a hammer and tap the frame) it should be solid and just sound like you tapping on a steel tube. now if its really rusted away it will have a thud sound and you may pop a hole really easy with the hammer. I bring this up because if the frame is in bad shape you don't want the truck it will be unsafe I actually had a Comanche with a badly rusted frame and wheeled it and the truck "bent" and the rear leaf spring separated from the truck. so check that out. If the frame is solid then the rest can be repaired.
Comanches are cool

just took a better look at it, frame was rusty, and the floors looked pretty bad, so im going to pass on this one and now it seems the guy got rid of the obo on the price, thanks for the advice.

Jeff

Back