• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sanden OBA Old A/C hoses question

tkjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched extensively regarding converting my 93 a/c pump to an oba unit but havent found the answer to this. Is there not any ill effects of disconnecting the a/c hoses and other things? I would like to eventually remove the a/c rad(sorry forget what it's called). But for now is there no problems removing the hoses, after the system is discharged of course, to the regular heating and defrosting system. Any one who has had this mod for a while please let me know, especially if you live up north, dont want to hamper my defrosting ability in this cold weather. Thanks all.

hey tkjeeper, I tore the plumbing out of mine about 2 years ago. 'rad' came out last year after that... still waiting to get the oba installed.
noticed no ill effects from it at all.

It won't defrost near as good as it used to if your A/C is still working. If my windows get alot of condensation on them they don't defrost worth crap with out a functioning A/C. Both my other Jeep's have functioning A/C and they will defrost quite a bit quicker.

Back