• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more seatbelt warning sound, what gives?

jeeperguy21

NAXJA Forum User
Should I be annoyed or be counting my lucky stars my XJ doesn't beep at me every time I start it up without my seatbelt locked in first? It just started doing it this week and am wondering if it has something to do with all the snow and/or cold weather. My XJ always seems to do some funny things in the winter months. The light comes on still and then goes off, but it's just the beeping noise that doesn't happen anymore.
Any ideas as to what would cause that to happen? I miss it beeping at me cause every time that it doesn't, it makes me realize that something isn't quite right. (n)

Be HAPPY!!! :roll:

Is the keyless entry remote and the seatbelt warning light related? For some reason, right after I replaced the battery of my remote, all of a sudden the seatbelt warning sound and the power lock on my driver's side door all started working again. Does the Jeep decide that when one thing doesn't work that many things don't wanat to work? I've never had something so weird happen before. Can anyone explain that one?

there is a wire attached to the receiver of your seat belt. if that's disconnected (or very corroded) then the warning light won't go off. you'll have to take out the carpet and remove the center console to inspect the wire, though.

You must not have read all the posts, cause the problem has fixed itself. Thanks anyways.

Back