• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough ride when going over Bumps

AfricaXJ6

NAXJA Forum User
Guys;

I have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Country; auto.

The vehicle has 178K km.When ever I go overe some speed bumps; i feel a very rough ride.There seems to be now metal noises but it seems like a solid hit.

Could it be the shocks ?

any suggestions on where i should start looking?

I must add that the steering dampne ris leakinga nd needs to be replaced..

any ideas where i could obtain a steering dampner from ?

regards
collin

Check the shock bushings for cracks and make sure the shocks are tight and do not have any broken mounting points.
I have a steering dampener in my garage- i replaced mine when iI did the front end just because I was disassembling everything anyways. If anyone wants it- it's free. Shipping to your location would be retarded- a new one is probably $25-$30.

could also be your track bar...upper, frame side mount...the ball joint wears out.

Thanks Guys for the comments:

Hi tiger Shark: I do not have a lift.

Woody 91 - The dampner in south africa cost 171 USD from the jeep dealer.

I would like to accept your steering dampner ; I would settle the delivery costs.You could send it as a no commercial value item !!

Do you know how we could do this?

please let me know-I am interested.Alternatively I could compensate you any other way.

regards
collin
e-mail: [email protected]

Back