• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to sell a Built D44 for?

csudman

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a Brono D44, 30 spline shafts, 58" wms, 4.56 randys, ox locker, the bigger of the two avalible drums, redrilled 5 on 5.5
only wheeled twice. I'm thinking 1200.00 not sure. Thoughts?
Not sure if this the right forum but Its modifided so I put it here.

I just bought a 60" HP44 that was in a EB. It has a ARB, 4.56 Warn Alloys. Warn Hubs. CTMs. Chevy Dual Piston Brake conversion. 1.75 Chromo with 3/4" heims trackbar , drag link, tie rod. It has 5.5 and was brand new. The axle was out of a 79 Ford.
I paid 2k shipped
5.5 is of use to an XJ. you can use an adaptor or change your rear axles

Just measured it. Its 5x4.5. Anyway lots of responses but no one has said yes or no as to the price or offered suggested pricing yet. Any thoughts on selling it on Ebay?

I assume its a front.
if its drum you probably not gonna get much for it.
its Low pinion, maybe $800 ?
you would probably have better luck on the POR board.
Does anyone know if the radius mounts are cast on that ?

58 inches is awfully skinny.. what year bronco is it out of? anything out of a bronco thats mid-late 70s will be cast radius arm brackets. but i belive that if it was mid to late 70s it would be disc.. sooooo i'll make the assumption that its an EB 44 if its a fron axle and has drums and in that case i have no idea :D

This is a rear unit. Maybe I'm way wrong on my pricing. Locker and gears w/ install was 1100.00. The axle was 175.00 New brakes and lines were about 50.00. The machining was 75.00. Thats like 1400.00 worth of work plus the fact its already done. Anyway, What would you (anyone who responds) sell this axle for?

I thought they came with 9" rears. But I dont follow the ford too closely.
How many miles on it?

i've never heard of a bronco with a rear 44 ::shrug:: i too thought and think they were all 9"

All Bronco's until about 1984 came with a Ford 9" rear axle. After that, they are Ford 8.8's.

Either you don't have a 44, or it's not out of a Bronco, or both. :)

CRASH

Of me? Sure let me dig some up from last years Same Sex Mud Wrestling Exposition in San Francisco.

They should be right up your......er.......alley.

CRASH

Were you viewing my leopard thong from the front or back?

CRASH

Back