• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 xj turn signal/electrical problem

99XJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
My friend just bought a 99 xj sport all stock and it has a few electrical problems. None of the guages work and the only thing on the intrument panel that works are the illumination light and the turn signals. The radio will not turn on, the interior lights only come on if door is open and the turn signals will not work. All the fuses were checked and are fine. Any suggestions or anything you recommend to check?

Check for TSB. I believe there was a recall on the connectors behind the gauge cluster.

TSB or recall? They are 2 different things and unless the heep is still under warranty, which being a 99 I seriously doubt it, then the TSB will not be free of charge to fix at the dealer!

keep0njeepin0n said:
TSB or recall? They are 2 different things and unless the heep is still under warranty, which being a 99 I seriously doubt it, then the TSB will not be free of charge to fix at the dealer!
Sorry. Pretty sure it was a TSB, but I could be wrong..........

Back