• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift ?

impetus-93xj

NAXJA Forum User
well I was just wondering since I wanted a 4'' lift but a buddy has a 3'' lift that I can HAVE ... can I use the 3'' and a 1 or 2'' lift block together ? and if so will I be able to find a center pin thats long enough to fit with all that and a shim. also is there a lift block for the front... and what all does that intail ... I.E t-case drop etc.

first off, what does this 3" lift consist of?

i would use a 1" lift shackle in the back only if the lift comes with 3" lift springs and a poly spacer up front. at 4" you will need an adjustable track bar and possibly adjustable lower control arms for the front

the lift consists of ad a leaf in the back and springs in the front, shocks all around.

shackle or block in the back and spacer up front. if the rear sags, i would make a bastard pack. i would get an adjustable track bar, extend the sway bar endlinks and bend/relocate the brake lines.

if I decide to just go with the 3'' what else whould need to be done ? possable shims and ?

What year is you XJ?

what ever comes off the doner xj.

what year? yes you may need shims, no big deal.

i truely believe it comes down to how much you want to spend and what you concider is doing it "right"

the year is 93 and Im not looking to build a monster truck I just want to be able to get through the odd wash out and whatnot while canping. plus i want it to look a little beefy.

Back