• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ set up

1999-2004

Yes, the parts you are concerned with are all identicle. The knuckle, brakes, caliper, rotor, etc.

The 2wd even had a little stub shaft in the unit bearing to set the pre-load the way the 4wds would.

JeepFreak21 said:
I'm guessing your asking because you're going to use this information to mod your XJ or MJ? Otherwise this thread would belong in "Other Tech" :)
Billy

that is right. upgrading the XJ. trying to make up my mind as to go with a teta knuckles or the whole WJ set up if i can find the parts cheap

lowrange2 said:
Yup... same as the 4wd hubs.

I'd suggest the WJ stuff since the brakes are a major upgrade.

yeah but its so much money. is there anywhere that sells that cheap. even the junk yards want a arm and leg for it

Here's what you're looking for - picked mine up at a junkyard on Saturday. I've only got the knuckles as the calipers and disks were already gone. If I can't find some in the short term, I'll make up caliper adapters to use my existing calipers on these knuckles together with my slotted disks.
IMG_5869.jpg

Has anyone made up adapters to for the XJ calipers to the WJ knuckles? - would love to see pics if there are any floating around.

EDIT: In case they look weird/the wrong way round, it's because we have RHD in South Africa.

gorman said:
Has anyone made up adapters to for the XJ calipers to the WJ knuckles? - would love to see pics if there are any floating around.

Why would you? The WJ calipers is what makes this upgrade nice. Larger dual piston, with larger rotors..

polar_jeep_04 said:
yeah but its so much money. is there anywhere that sells that cheap. even the junk yards want a arm and leg for it

www.car-part.com

jeep grand cherokee
spindle
search

pick left or right, doesn't matter

Scroll to the bottom of the results page. There will be a list "Additional results pages". One of the pages will have a * next to it - that page is the last page with a listed price. They are listed most expensive to least, so that has the cheapest price.

$22 for a WJ knuckle. Start calling there and work up the list. You want both knuckles, both caliper mounts, both calipers and both rotors. None of the rest of it is any good to you. You can negotiate and haggle a bit, most of these are independant auto recyclers.

-C

gorman said:
Here's what you're looking for - picked mine up at a junkyard on Saturday. I've only got the knuckles as the calipers and disks were already gone. If I can't find some in the short term, I'll make up caliper adapters to use my existing calipers on these knuckles together with my slotted disks.
IMG_5869.jpg

EDIT: In case they look weird/the wrong way round, it's because we have RHD in South Africa.

Oh how I'd like to have that knuckle on the right there... Tho I'd have to completely redo my steering again... It's be WAY higher!

cal said:
www.car-part.com

jeep grand cherokee
spindle
search

pick left or right, doesn't matter

Scroll to the bottom of the results page. There will be a list "Additional results pages". One of the pages will have a * next to it - that page is the last page with a listed price. They are listed most expensive to least, so that has the cheapest price.

$22 for a WJ knuckle. Start calling there and work up the list. You want both knuckles, both caliper mounts, both calipers and both rotors. None of the rest of it is any good to you. You can negotiate and haggle a bit, most of these are independant auto recyclers.

-C

Well why the hek didn't you tell me about these $22 knuckles when I was lookin for em! lol Oh well! I still feel like I got a deal at 300 bucks for the calipers, rotors and knuckles.

lowrange2 said:
Oh how I'd like to have that knuckle on the right there... Tho I'd have to completely redo my steering again... It's be WAY higher!

You wouldn't like it. Your ackerman would be wrong, and the tires would scrub around corners.

lowrange2 said:
Well why the hek didn't you tell me about these $22 knuckles when I was lookin for em! lol Oh well! I still feel like I got a deal at 300 bucks for the calipers, rotors and knuckles.

You didn't ask. =)

the cheapest i can find in my state are 100.12 per side.
so 200.24+calipers+pads&rotors and then having to drill out the rotors. it might be worth it ill have to keep my eyes open for some deals. can you tell a big diff in stoping power?

unless someone close to Lafayette, TN, or Hazlehurst, GA, or Grover NC can pick them up for me and ship them to me and i pay them they range from $35-$45

i would be willing to pay for time as well for helping out a fellow member

Just keep shoping. I found EVERYTHING for 300 at a local yard. Call these gusy and see what they have. Lots of Jeeps... Maybe they'll have what you need. Tell JR that Andy with the blue tin-top Samurai told ya to call.

Reeds Auto Parts

864-859-0534

Back