• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 Gear Swap, I need a Factory Service manual

I am going to change the gears and put in an ARB in my 1998 Ford explorer 8.8 next week but I need a factory service manual to give me the info I need to do this. Anyone know of a FREE place for this, such a a PDF download before I go ahead and purchase a manual?

That is sort of looked down apon here http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59882

Besides you dont need a FSM to setup gears.Just google "ring and pinion setup" and you'll get all the info you need.It's really all the same wether your setting up a 35 or a 14 bolt,correct backlash/bearing preloads and smear pattern.You just obtain them a lil diffrently.

If you buy Yukon gears it comes with a booklet that has all the specs for most all diff's in it.

OlyWa

woops, brain fart. if I could delete the post I would. Sincerely appologise Fortunety my father in law had one at work and Im getting yukon gears too

Back