• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT Belly Pan w/ LCA Brackets, Custom LA's

HillbillyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
See where TnT is offering their belly pan with LCA brackets. I know alot of you are saying "Why not use their arms?" I want to build my own control arms and still like the idea of upper control arms, but using TnT's belly pan would be a great foundation for a high clearence, non-radious suspension. Think I can build control arms less than what retail prices are.
Whadda ya think? Flame away! :flame:

HillbillyXJ said:
See where TnT is offering their belly pan with LCA brackets. I know alot of you are saying "Why not use their arms?" I want to build my own control arms and still like the idea of upper control arms, but using TnT's belly pan would be a great foundation for a high clearence, non-radious suspension. Think I can build control arms less than what retail prices are.
Whadda ya think? Flame away! :flame:
Go for it. Post pics when you're done.

i think if you are going to build your own suspesnion and wants to use T&T's belly pan as a foundation, you should just get one without the control arm mounts. That way you can save a little money, and modify the belly pan to your liking and put the arms where you want them. That way you are not stuck designing your arms around where they put the brackets.

That's my plan at least. :D

Guess the geometric compatability between the upper arms and lower arms would be a bit of an issue since the uppers would actually be outside of the lowers, or is that actually an issue? Is'nt it the optimum position for the LCA's to be to the inside of the frame rails anyway, but not knowing the actual angles of the pan/brackets is the kicker?
As always I appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

HillbillyXJ said:
Guess the geometric compatability between the upper arms and lower arms would be a bit of an issue since the uppers would actually be outside of the lowers, or is that actually an issue? Is'nt it the optimum position for the LCA's to be to the inside of the frame rails anyway, but not knowing the actual angles of the pan/brackets is the kicker?
As always I appreciate you sharing your knowledge!
You will need to have the uppers inside the cabin to make it work, I would start from scratch and mount the lcas on the psuedo-frame rail.

HillbillyXJ said:
What about turning it into a hidden 3 link with just the one upper control arm mounted up where Crash and Jes have their's?
sure, why not? do it and lets see some pics.

Back