• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bleh

bluedevils278

NAXJA Forum User
Well I can forget about my 4wd not working because now I have a whole bag full of issues. I've gone through 2 TPS's in the past 3 days and now something else is wrong. The Jeep is rebbing when I slow down for a stop light. The speedometer gave out while going 80 mph down the road. It looked a little different than when my '87 gave out and is now back working somewhat and seems to mimic a tach because it'll shot from 20 to 30 when the tranny is downshifting.

Also, the CEL is on for the O2 sensor above the CAT, but I don't think that would cause the rebbing.

'97 Sport
AW4
NP231

If the revs are your only problem yes I would say the IAC, if you have all those other problems, check your grounds like the other guy said. Make sure everything is tight and corrosion free.

Damnit, everything is breaking on my Jeep at one time. As for the TPS's going bad sounds like a bad ground? I guess I should admit it was in a little mud for a few hours until I could get it out. I don't know if that changes the situation at all...

Is it the IAC vavlve that needs to be replaced? Would this throw a code?
I forgot to mention this, but when I first noticed it going down the road. When I pressed the gas peddle full throttle it would do just fine, but when I let off of it the Jeep would act almost like it was going to cut off and this was on the interstate going 75. It is really hard to explain exactly what I felt, but when I barely pushed the gas it would not respond until I pushed it really hard causing it to downshift and it even backfired a couple of times. The IAC could cause all of this?

u_clear.gif
Item#: CRB21856
That is what online Napa has... They're calling it the valve. Is it the wrong part of just mislabeled?

I have no idea man, search on google or on here or something. I'm pretty sure the valve is pre 97 and motor is 97-01 like I said before, but I could be wrong. I'm not a huge fan of NAPA anyways. NAPA= No Auto Parts Available

Back