• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What next?

joshv98xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to get a few opinions from those of you who have a few more years of this hobby under your belt. I'm trying to determine what I should be looking into next as upgrades for my heep.

I've got a 98 with the 4.0, and here's what I've done so far:
Engine:
-99 intake
-bored TB
-APN header
-2.5" cat and catback

Drivetrain:
-RE hack'n'tap, w/XJ front shaft
-4.10 gears
-D44 rear w/ZJ discs
-ZJ tie rod
-31x10.50 BFG AT's

Suspension:
-JKS QD's, no rear sway bar
-3" Coils
-2" AAL w/1" shackle

Armor, etc:
-Factory gas, t-case, (and soon front) skids
-Tow hooks front and rear

So that's that. I'm thinking I'd probably look into a lunchbox locker for the front, but then not sure if I should look into sliders, bumpers, steering, OBA, control arms, the list goes on and on. I'd probably be wheeling most at Rausch Creek, which has it's fair share of rocks, using it as a misc. hunting and fishing vehicle, but it's also my DD, so I've got to keep that in mind as well. I know everybody's opinion differs, but I'd like to hear some of them. Thanks in advance :D

Rock rails, seeing that you have the other armor points covered.

You're probably right, vetteboy. I'm getting ahead of myself a little bit. It's easy to get caught up in wanting the next thing. I think I'll go wheeling instead.

Besides, I already have stickers. :D

A real rear driveshaft? The slip-joint on the XJ front shaft isn't very big and will wear out fast in the rear.

I would go sliders and a locker up front. then bumpers and by then you will probaly want to go bigger so gears, more lift and tires would probaly be next

Back