• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor swap need quick questions!!!

dong313

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,
I am new to this site and have a few questions as my new/old 89' XJ is going under the knife tonight for a new motor..... All we are able to find around here are the new HO motors 96+ so I have researched it and researched it to see how involved this sway actually is. This is what I have so far....

Use old Intake
Use New HO Manifold and weld up new downpipe
All other sensors/senders should bolt back to the HO motor off old 4.0.
Is there anything else I need to know?

Please make sure I am on track.
Will all other componets in motor bold back up? Powersteering.. and thigns of that nature?

I will tell the story of my XJ soon I am just ready to get this thing ready for the trails.

--Don

your on the right track so far. If you want, PM 90PioSport99 and he can walk you through it. Tell him "Sir Mix Alot" sent ya...he'll treat ya real good! :D

must use the flexplate from the 89. the renix computer(ecu) needs the correct signal from the cps. the flexplate from a 96 and up wont work with renix ecu.

Back