• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electronic problem

sjbond67

NAXJA Forum User
long story short, went wheelin, went through some muddy water, killed the alternator. got it running and had to run it a few days with tthe bad alternator, here is when the problem started. I charged the battery for about 6 hours got in it and the guages, interior lights, power locks and radio would not work. head lights, tail lights and power windows are the only electronics that work. after a while of driving they kick back on for about a few minutes then it kicks back off. sometimes it will go a whole day with them off and sometimes it will go a whole day on. when its off i try to hit bumps in the road to see if it would come back on, or jiggle wires around and it has no effect. it just seems to come on and off whenever it wants too. last time i tried to ask this question the only answer i got was a loose wire, well ive check almost every wire and fuse and i really dont think its behaving like a loose wire, anyone have any other ideas?

also the problem did not start after i went wheelin, infact it was fine untill i charged it the next day

all the things you mentioned are switched on from the ign switch, may not be related to any thing you did just a coincedence, try finding a wiring dia. for your jeep and find out were the power starts from.

btw where in mo. are you?

Back