• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help w/ lift

XJ Kid 89

NAXJA Forum User
ill get this out of the way up front. I'm a NEWB!! now that that is taken care of, I'm trying to install new 2.5" procomp leaf packs on my '01 XJ and the bolts are rusted. i know its common and theres tons of threads on it but these bolts dont even resemble bolts anymore they look like studs because the threads are so covered in rust. ive been using PB blaster for almost a month now trying to get them to loosen up and they wont budge more than 1/4 turn. that would lead me to believe the threads inside the nut are free and i havent broken the weld yet, so it seems like if i could get rid of the rusted part of the bolt sticking into the frame then it would come right out. is there anything i can do other then chop up the frame or floor to get these out? my only thought was to cut a small slit directly under the bolt to get a reciprocating saw in there to cut off the rusted end of the bolt and then just throw a bead of weld over the hole. just wondering if thats an insane idea or not. commence the flaming

Last edited:
Back