• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Double check my JY list

Mutant_Xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to the junk yard to get parts for a 3" lift. Let me know if i'm missing anything or am wrong with anything. I'm going with 33's and already have the fenders trimmed.

- Sway bar links from a full sized ford, The rear are suposably the same dimension but longer.
- 3 pairs of coil isolators, I have a pair of V8 Zj coils and with the extra isolators i hope to get 3"
- Commanche shackle, used with extra xj leafs I already have to net 3"
- Commanche bump stops, As far as I know the longest JY bumpstops that will work on the Xj
- Yj brake lines, 2" longer than stock Xj
- 2000+ Xj cross member? I read some where that it had a factory Tcase drop built in. Is this true?
- Shocks, This I need help on. I heard Mj shocks are longer than Xj then I heard Zj are longer than Mj, but I dont know what is right for 3" of lift. I know S-10 rears are good for 4.5" but I don't know If I'd bottom them out with only 3". Please help me with this

Thanks in advanced

Brake lines- for the 2" you gain you can bend and relocate your hard lines. Otherwise, lines from a Chevy 1500 pickup will get you about 4-6" more.

Bumpstops- double check the height on yours before you go. Not all MJ bumpstops were tall, but I don't know which ones they used on which models.

Shocks- check the Monroe website, and mess around with their fitment catalog. They have everything broken down by mounting styles and lengths, that should help you out with those.
Here's the link to look up model and find part number: http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup/ocl_default.asp
Here's the link which tells you the dimension of that part number: http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup/misc_app_docs/ShockAbsorberDimensionChart.pdf

Last edited:
The crossmembers are the same(no drop).

Back