• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winches

Huffin

NAXJA Forum User
what is the best winch for the money? I have been looking at the t-max 9000 for my xj with the wireless remote for $688.00.

Huffin said:
I have been looking at the t-max 9000 for my xj with the wireless remote for $688.00.

X2:peace:

I've been running an EW-9000 for about a year and a half. I could sit here and say good things about it for the next hour or more, but if you search you will find them all already.

In fact, I've said some of them on another thread in modified tech not 4 hours ago!

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=938731

Depends if your winch is for show or for work. Best winch you can get if you don't do heavy winching is Chicago Electric. It held it's own against the big boys and it's way cheaper (think like 400 bucks for the 9k). But again, you get what you paid. It won't handle the heavy long pulls.

Money not being an issue you just cannot beat Warn. Best winch period. ]

Best winch for the money, Superwinch is nearly as good as Warn for a lot less cash. It was second by a hair to Warn in the most recent shootout. Reasonable and very reliable and heavy duty.

When did Chicago Electric hold up to the big boys?

I'd put a t-max up against a superwinch (and keep my bet) any day of the week.

1996cc said:
A used 8274.

Nice but I dont believe there's an aftermarket front bumper for the XJ that'll fit one... I may be wrong though..

I ran a Ramsey Rep 8.5 and it worked every time.. never let me down.. was so slow that I couldnt take it anymore and sold it.

I'm currently running a Warn M8000 and I'm much happier.. I also paid $499.00 shipped for it from 4WP...

I am running a Ramsey REP 8.5 currently. It wont win any speed competitions, but it gets the job done and they have a good parts backing if needed. My next winch is going to be Warn, mainly to see if they live up to all the hype.

I have a warn and a milemarker hydro.

Warn M8000 is good, MM Hydro cooked my stock steering box and is slow as dirt, but I think it was because it got bubbles in it ( I had just filled it)

That said i did some research and when shopping for my brother in law I chose a superwinch EP 9000. Fast, powerful, reliable, and a good bang for the buck. We used it a few months ago to flip a jeep back over.....longways.

goodburbon said:
I have a warn and a milemarker hydro.

Warn M8000 is good, MM Hydro cooked my stock steering box and is slow as dirt, but I think it was because it got bubbles in it ( I had just filled it)

That said i did some research and when shopping for my brother in law I chose a superwinch EP 9000. Fast, powerful, reliable, and a good bang for the buck. We used it a few months ago to flip a jeep back over.....longways.
My brother has the EP-9000, it worked well in Tellico.
I've got one sitting in the living room waiting for the multi mount cradle.

Back