• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another tranny problem!

HogWash

NAXJA Forum User
Ok as you all know ive had many tranny problemsive already spent $2500 on it already.So heres my story. The lines that run to the radiator were cut do to the sergeons that built my tranny(they did not fasten the hoses properly so my lower pully cut the rubber hose).I have fixed that now when I put fluid back into it,it was fine(I only had enough fluid to fill up to the add line),Now I went ahed and checked the fliud tester day and it needed 1/2 a qt so I added,now when I drive all gears all good till it shifts from 2nd to 3rd it sliups but then it starts to shift fine.Any insight on how I can fix this.(im thinking to add full coverage insurance and blowing it up:flame:
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
JEEP!................But its "Only in a Jeep"

add lucas tranny treatment.

Avoid tranny treatments and use the proper fluid, which is not ATF4. AW4s need Dextron II or equivalent and don't seem to like synthetic. Odd are the bozos who didn't secure your tranny lines used the wrong fluid. Also make sure you're checking the fluid properly. Look in the owners manual for the exact instructions (engine running, hot, cycle through gears first, etc). Check the tranny cable from the throttle body for proper adjustment as well. Search the forums for a how-to.

Back