• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone interested in this tech info.???

440swepty

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently swapping everything from a rolled '99 Cherokee to a '95 Cherokee. I just went through the process of swapping the dash and haven't found much tech info. Would anyone like detailed info. on this subject? Open for input or criticism. Thanks, Kevin

You are putting a 99 dash into your 95? I always thought about doing something like that but didn't know it was possible.

440swepty said:
I'm currently swapping everything from a rolled '99 Cherokee to a '95 Cherokee. I just went through the process of swapping the dash and haven't found much tech info. Would anyone like detailed info. on this subject? Open for input or criticism. Thanks, Kevin
I am working on it slowly on my 1990, putting everything in from a 99. I know about welding in the new column bracket and tabs along the windshield but any other help would be fantastic!

Mainly what was involved with the dash? Just the column bracket and tabs along the windshield?

There is a lot a differences and you'll need some fab. skills. I don't recommend this upgrade unless you have both vehicles!!! Half the holes in the firewall will be different. I have taken random pics and will try to describe the mods. I'll start with the dash install. Sorry, I'm using flux core wire and my welds suck. I'll be buying my gas cylinder soon!!! Kevin

Here are all the pics that I update almost weekly: http://www.putfile.com/mopar400/images/166226

The major difference is the carrier for the steering column/brake pedal. You have to remove the spot welded brackets and make fastening points at the "A" pilar for the aluminum carrier. You must remove all sheet metal brackets on the older model to start your swap.

'99 brackets before removal

"A" pillar fasteners

Also the center bracket and the pass bracket need transfered

You will also have to modify the 4 holes by the windshield. These bolt the upper part of the dash to the body. You can see speed nut clips at the left and right. Also you can see the welds around the modified tabs. The lower 2 holes for the dash module also have to be modified at the " A" pilars.

Lower holes modified. I welded a nut to a small piece of sheet matal and tack welded it into place. I positioned it behind through the door harness hole. The hood release handle also has to be moved down about 2 1/2" as shown it the pic. Sorry, bad pic

I'll do more info. tomorrow. We've just begun!!!

Last edited:
i think you should start over, in a properly subjected thread,,,, maybe something like ''99 interior in a 95'' or something aptly named....
thanks for your time. writeups dont writeup themselfs...

Back