• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is involved in a 4wd alignment?

LVJimmy

NAXJA Forum User
I keep seeing people referring to getting an alignment on their Jeeps. I there anything involved in a 4wd, straight axle alignment besides toe-in?

without adjustable ball joints, can you adjust the castor?? or is that camber??

You can set caster with the lower control arms,they are factory servicable.And yes the only to set camber is with an adjustable upper ball joint(not worth the time or money).

Caster is set by loosening the lower control arm bolts at the frame end, loosening the adjustment shoe bolts (at the back end of the mount), and installing/removing shims for adjustment.

MJR said:
Caster is set by loosening the lower control arm bolts at the frame end, loosening the adjustment shoe bolts (at the back end of the mount), and installing/removing shims for adjustment.

Can I knock it out of camber by use or does it only change after a lift or other mods?

mostly if your camber is out,it means your ball joints are shot and letting the top of the wheels kick in,or somthing is bent.lifting it wont affect camber

Back