• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical help needed!!!

rcmf5525

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I replaced the head liner in my '92 with one from the '99 I have in my drive way. The dome lights are wired a little different. The connectors are reversed. I cut into the wires with my drivers side door open and ARC! Well, I thought no big deal, just replace the fuse when I am done and everything will be ok. Wrong! There seems to be no electricity coming into the hot side of the 'dome fuse' position. I made a jumper (my volt meter cant be found) and ran from a hot side of another outlet and the dome lights worked. I have put three different new fuses in the outlet and still nothing. As I was sitting there fuming, I noticed my radio was not on either. I took the dash panel off and checked the fuse in the rear of the radio, good, checked the fuse in the fuse pannel, good. I use the jumper and still the radio would not come on. I used the jumper from the hot side of the radio position to the cold side of the dome light position and they came on. That tells me there is power to the radio position, but it wont turn on. Everything else in the cab works, rear window defroster, rear wiper, gauges, instrument lights, door buzzer, everything! What am I missing??? I also checked the relay box under the hood. Every fuse in it was fine. I am at my wits end here! Can anyone help????

Its 20A. I just checked it and it was blown. Thankyou. Dont know why I did not pull it earlier. What does IOD stand for???

All is better!!!

IOD = Ignition Off Draw, basically the vehicle is shipped new without this fuse installed so anything that gets a battery feed will not run the battery down as it sits. Namely dome lamps, battery feed to radio, glove box light, underhood light, vanity lights, etc...

They are shipped with the fuse out so the truck drivers don't run the battery down by not closing a door, glove box, etc... The dealer as predelivery reinstalls the fuse before the vehicle is sold.

Learn something new everyday!

Thanks for the help!

Back