• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it just me? To high?

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
I came agross this in the classified. Is it just me or this jeep is sitting way to high? The coils are under the frame rails, should it not be higher than the frame so it can compress. Just try to confirm what I think. It seems theres a lot over lifted YJ. I just dont understand how a jeep this high can climb a steep hill without falling on its back.

218b_20.JPG

Yuck......

ther was a yj similar to that in my parking lot, the only reason i can see it being that high is for mud, or to be the biggest mall crawler around

NOooooo thank you. Looks like someone tried to piss on it, but missed.

I dont see how putting the springs under the frame wouldn't severly limit travel. If it was a little lower, and the front suspension wasn't all effed up, id say cool lookin YJ.

Phooey! to those that say you need to buy springs for lift!!!! A real Jeeper will just make do with what is at hand! Travel?! who needs that! cant you see my nice big expensive tires and cool sticker on the windshield. I looks great next to the rest of mall crawlers driving over gravel.:scottm:

So is this a good or bad coil conversion? I am not looking to buy this just to confirm what I think. Looking at it, I think it probably will tip over before it flex.

Frankkl said:
So is this a good or bad coil conversion? I am not looking to buy this just to confirm what I think. Looking at it, I think it probably will tip over before it flex.
Not the best conversion I'm sure, but it probably isn't half bad for just being a mud runner, and someone who can drive could make it work in rocks.

Starscream said:
Not the best conversion I'm sure, but it probably isn't half bad for just being a mud runner, and someone who can drive could make it work in rocks.

That is alot of money to spend and alot of work for something that might be ok and so so in the mud. I would be fearful to any fun mudslinging in that. One good whip around for the nice doughnut spray and the thing may roll.
I guess it must have one hell of a down travel, I am guessing the frame mount was done in lieu of tall bumpstops.

icewolf73 said:
I like how it appears to be leaning a wee bit to the drivers side. Nothing like a low speed rollover as you pull out of your driveway.

He could have a spool in the rear that is causing that.

My XJ is spooled and it does exactly that.

uncc civilengineer said:
Torque causing the passenger side to settle out faster?

It's all the bound up torque causing it to roll one way or the other.

Which way it's rolled depends on which way I was turning when it got bound up.

If I were to jack up the rear diff so a tire lifts off the ground, it'd release all that torque and when I let it down it would sit nice and level.

Wonder that he's got for the driveline. YJs were originally a drives side drop and that front axle has the pumpkin on the passenger side.

We have alot of jeeps lifted high in our club. they are not made to be flexy at all. Just to get it up out of the water. It would also work great in mud. I think it would do so well in the rocks, but that may not be what they were aiming for in thier build.

Cody

Back