• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Droppin Voltage!

A year/ what egine? trans? may help a bit.

get a new alternater

ONCW again, NOT suggesting, telling you get an alternater. Oh & it sucks, cause ya get it out from underneith.

13 don't cut it, plus you had that was awile ago. I like to se 14.5 volts, maybe 14.2 with high beams on and heater on high.

If some parts counter idiot said you was fine with 13, he was an idiot.

scottmcneal said:
Dude take a chill, the guy asked for help...

Why do I need to chill? He stated that he had Autozone check it out & it the alternater was puting out 13 volts. Duh, replace the alternater, period.

I stand corrected by frankie. you need to load test the battery, check starter draw, and recheck alt. ouput under a load.

The voltmeter on the older Jeeps is notoriously inaccurate, so take it with a grain of salt. If you really are seeing 13 volts at the battery (you later said 14.x) then the alternator is suspect. If the voltage at the battery is fine then I'd suggest looking at the ground strap that goes from the rear of the valve cover to the firewall. It tend to fall apart and that's the retunr path for a number of things, including all of the lighting.

Back